Sunday, August 1, 2010

Garden Glam

 I got to spend a lovely few hours recently out in town by myself. Usually I have all three kids in tow, so this was especially wonderful. Listening to nothing but quiet, and a few passing radios.

I ended up stopping at one of my favorite places. A small, inconspicuous shop on a corner of a busy road in Florence. You can not walk in this place without brushing up against something green and usually good smelling. I am talking about Savanna's Garden Treasure, on Irby Street.
 

 I love going into Savanna's. If I've been lacking in the creativity department, a trip to see Carolyn and all her wonderful creations always gives me a boost. Not to mention all the lovely plants.



The craziest thing I saw on this last trip wasn't something I would usually be excited about. I had been there walking around for a few minutes, and hadn't really paid much attention to this massive grouping of plants to the left of the main walkway. As I made my second circle around the front, I happened to notice a very round, very buzzy bee flying by. I watched him, and realized he wasn't the only ones keeping us company.



The mountain mint plants Carolyn is growing are pollinator magnets! I have never seen anything like that, and all the bugs were just as docile as a puppy. Not one was paying me, or my camera any attention. And I had brushed against these plants a few times.


Needless to say, I took a small specimen of the mountain mint home with me on this trip.  I love home grown veggies. And if my pollinators love a plant, I by default also love that plant.



So if your garden is in need of some love, either human, insect, or art, stop by and see Carolyn at Savanna's Garden treasure on Irby St. She will surely have something to make your garden smile.

You can also check out Savanna's Garden Treasure's Facebook page and Carolyn's etsy shop for more great information and local treasures.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know Savanna's even existed! I'm going to check it out ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you find something good Whitney, I'm sure you will. I have to limit myself every time I go in there or my car would be full and my wallet empty on the way home. :)

    ReplyDelete